Saturday, April 12, 2008

Catching Up

Grandma Honey was here visiting a couple of weeks ago...we went to D.C. for the Cherry Blossom Festival along with about a million other people - it was packed. There was also a Kite Flying festival on the mall - there were so many kites everywhere! We also visited Mount Vernon - did you know that George Washington woke up every morning at around 4 a.m.? I will one day be an early riser - I hope.





Here is Paige chillin' in her shades - we were walking back to the car - it was cold that weekend, but sunny and clear!



Does anyone remember that Simon and Garfunkel song about the zoo?

Someone told me

Its all happening at the zoo.

I do believe it,I do believe its true...








Somethin tells me Its all happening at the zoo.

The monkeys stand for honesty,

Giraffes are insincere,

And the elephants are kindly, but They're dumb.

Orangutans are skeptical of changes in their cages,

And the zookeeper is very fond of rum.

Zebras are reactionaries,


Antelopes are missionaries,

Pigeons plot in secrecy,...What a gas!

You gotta come and see At the zoo.







Well, I had that song in my head the whole day on Wednesday during our zoo visit - Ashlee served as our guide extroardinaire...she is so fun. The best part was when we were on our way out at 5:00 ish we heard the lions roaring, so we ran back to their exhibit and watched and listened. And the big male gave us a few more huge roars before we headed out - so loud and powerful...it was almost unbelievable. We all commented about what it would be like to hear that in any other setting.




Lock all the cabinets....Please. Here is Paige doing her favorite thing - pulling whatever she can out of anything she can find... I only have two cupboards locked (the ones with soaps/cleaners in them) but I am reconsidering...I find little piles all over the house. She just gleefully throws everything out as fast as she can. She doesn't even stop to inspect what she is pulling out...it is maddening!




Look! She is waving...this is such a fun stage, full of firsts... and new things all the time.




There are probably more beautiful places to be in the spring (Germany is one I can think of... more changes in elevation)But New Jersey is unbelievably gorgeous. Today on the way home we saw a Tulip Tree covered in blossoms (not this picture) it was breathtaking....the forsythia are out. I wish I knew the names of all the flowering trees - like the beauty in this picture, it's blossoms look just like daisies. Happy spring!
Guess what else? Today I made wheat bread - it turned out so yummy!

0 comments: