Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

No family pictures this year because while we were inside waiting for Papa Bunny to hide the eggs, Paige managed to find and spill a 1/2 full bottle of bubbles on her head. This was one of many "I told you so" moments for Christopher in our marriage. He was 150% against letting the girls play bubbles inside - too messy, he said. But it was cold, so I let them.
A "briefing" was held to be sure that all eggs were accounted for and evenly distributed.Ready, break.... I love Maggie's dress - and secretly wish I was skinny enough to wear one like it. She liked it too, but I think the best part for her was that she wasn't matching her two younger sisters.
Chris left last night to start learning the new plane. While the girls were snapping green beans for dinner, they both agreed that it seemed like this period leading up to training had gone by too quickly. Ashlee was a bit of a wreck when he left. We kept saying "He's only an hour away...we're going to see him on Wednesday..."and Maggie would add "just wait until he's leaving for six months, then we're really going to cry." He should be done in three weeks and then be home for about three before he has to leave...and if I'm honest, I'm a bit of a wreck about it too. I'm not looking for sympathy, it will most likely go by quickly and we have the summer so we can head out west, Jennifer is coming at the end of June, and I'll get to see Andrew and Carly's new baby etc., etc... But it is six months.
And while I'm on the subject... I am leaning more toward driving to Utah this summer...it's starting to sound more and more like an adventure. 34 hours - so with kids 4 days. They get along so well and it could be fun, right?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Maggie's dress is cute! I wish they made cute dresses for grown ups... not the slutty ones I am constantly finding. Cute pics of your cute girls.

6 months is a long time and my heart aches for you guys. We'd love to find a time we can come down... or you're welcome to come up... or we can meet somewhere in the middle for a weekend. We'd love to see you again.

And you know, we drove from Utah to New York when we moved out here... I thought it was going to be awful, but it was quite fun. You'd get to see so much of the country, and it would certainly be an adventure. I say go for it!!

MiriamR said...

SOunds like a great adventure, if you can get someone else to drive it with you.
Hey at least the inside bubbles were soap so it would make cleaning it up pretty easy (well off the floor maybe not paige)
I am excited for your fun summer. Lots of traveling around