Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Joe the Plumber

Two years ago I called maintenance to have them fix a drippy faucet in the girls bathroom. The plumber came and told me how to turn the faucet off correctly. It continued to drip, I never called back. When Chris got home this last time he decided to fix it. Gallons and gallons and gallons of water have dripped down the drain - just doing our part for the environment. (Do you love the pink tile?) He fixed it! But, when he went to the maintenance office to get the part, the plumber (who came to our house and told me that the problem was the way we turned the faucet off) told Christopher that he needed a whole new mechanism because the old ones didn't work and had to be re-engineered. WHAT? Just a little sexism for you. I turn it off wrong, he needs a brand new faucet.



0 comments: